Thursday, November 6, 2008

the time traveler's wife

i just finished this book.
it was stunning. it completely enveloped me. moreso that usual. most books i can either get into and really read for hours, or i can pick up and put down at will. this on was not so. this was a pick-it-up-now-and-you'll-be-late book. a book that should have a warning label of 'don't read before bed, you'll stay up all night'
maybe it was just me.

laura gave me the time traveler's wife for my birthday. yes. in june. she actually gave it to me in may. it takes me a while to get around to reading sometimes, ok?

it made me sad, too. really sad. it goes from confusing to fascinating/riveting to sad. and then stays that way. i'm surprised that i didn't cry, actually..


==
in other news, work was alright again today. better, i stuck to tea. we actually had a pretty great guy teaching us all the starbucks drinks. he allowed everyone to relax and get comfortable with each other, so conversation quickly got less awkward and more interesting. i'm glad for that. back to the policy drones tomorrow, though. it's ok, we're learning the baked goods. this means sampling pastries and cheesecakes and sandwiches and soups. yum.
i wish i had a job that worked outside sometimes. maybe i'll go work for habitat. or there's always that farm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh- I cried at that book. How beautiful and how sad.

Laura said...

So I'm finally getting around to reading your blog for the past few months...I'm so glad you read and enjoyed the book. I absolutely love that book as well, I think it might be my all time favorite. Maybe I should read it again...