Saturday, November 24, 2007

Induction enthusiasm

I've never been one to easily run with the crowd. I have to sit back and figure out what's really going on, and figure out whether i really want to go along with that particular movement. This has resulted often in my lack of enthusiasm at things like pep rallies. and most of the sporting events i've attended.

but at induction on wednesday, i felt really excited, really proud to be a part of something. It was a surprise to me. When i stepped back, looked at what i was doing and asked myself if i really agreed with it all, i said yes!

I was proud to be a part of the gold unit when we went around the room and each unit did our cheer. I was happy to stand and shout "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!" and pound the nugget (pound fists with other gold members)

Thought i'd leave for interested parties out there the induction oath.

I, (insert name here), do solemnly pledge that as a member of the Americorps*National Civilian Community Corps, I will serve as a leader and active citizen of my community and my country and will accept equally the opportunities and responsibilities of citizenship.
I will support and uphold the mission of Americorps*National Civilian Community Corps to strengthen communities and develop leaders through team based national and community service and commit to my role as a full participant of the Americorps*National Civilian Community Corps, Sacramento Campus, agreeing to abide by the guidlelines established to ensurea healthy and productive community experience for all Corps Members.
I will participate as a self-governing member of our nation. I will inform myself about the problems of my community and my country. And i will work with other citizens to solve those problems.
Further, I agree to continue to serve my country as a leader and citizen, not only thoruhg my involvement in Americorps*National Civilian Community Corps, but throughout my life. I make this pledge freely and without promise of personal gain.


There, now it's like my whole family was there to see induction. (Hi family!)

Next time i post, I will be in Portland (and it may be a while, i dont' know when i'll get to a wireless port, or what the internet situation will be like when i get there.)

No comments: