Tuesday, November 13, 2007

San Francisco weekend

What a relief it was to be in a real city again! I didn't even make it to the real tourist attractions of the city, i was so caught up in just enjoying the city. I spent 4 hours walking around the mission by myself on saturday, and had an amazing time! I never rushed myself, i wasn't in a hurry to be anywhere, and i had no agenda. I just got to walk around and be a part of the city, something i haven't been able to do probably since may, in new york.

The city was beautiful. I met up with some americorps friends saturday afternoon and stayed with them the rest of the weekend. Sunday afternoon, we went to a park near twin peaks and climbed one of those famous San Fran hills to a rock face where we stood above the city, admiring its beauty below us as the sun set. It was beautiful and amazing.


So! the next time i go to san francisco, i have to go to the golden gate bridge, Fisherman's wharf, ghirardelli (are there free samples?), City Lights bookstore, all those famous things.


Tomorrow morning, i head to camp mendocino with my team and the rest of the gold unit for a service project, probably some bonding, and a little bit of ruffing it.
Back friday evening!

I am one week from done with CTI! This is exciting because i get to go home, then go to Portland and start the work which is the whole reason i'm doing this. This is also sad because i've made some good friends in the last month who i may very well not see again until the end of July.

No comments: