Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Macaroni Grill tonight!

Today was our last day of work with Habitat before break. Tonight, we're getting a complimentary dinner at Macaroni Grill. Macaroni Grill sponsored the sites that we just dedicated last week, and now the owner is buying us dinner! It's going to be not just our team, the site supervisors and the Americorps guys that work full time with Habitat will be there as well, so it'll be a nice way to wrap up the year before we all go our separate ways for the holiday.

At work today, I spent the morning making a small retaining wall. And after lunch, I bolted some steps up to the back porches into the concrete, and then laid sod. Then, all muddy from laying sod in the rain, we played pass the baby with the last roll of sod and then wiped mud all over each other's faces. Some of the volunteers seemed to think we were acting like children! I don't know why, honestly!

I'm starting to really look forward to going home. I think i want to find a book or something so i can start doing more yoga on my own. I like yoga classes, but with time constraints and no income, it's not really an option for me at this point.

I must go, i need to pack for break before i go to dinner tonight.
Happy Holidays!

No comments: