Friday, January 25, 2008

Bye bye Oregon

It was really hard, heartbreaking even, to say goodbye to Portland this morning. As we drove out of the city, the sun was rising on the left over the mountains, and to the right were the lights of our lovely city. Portland was amazing. I'd have to say that this is my best winter ever, as far as both weather and my enjoyment of it. I'm still taking in all the experiences i had there, so i'm sure you can expect a steady trickle of blogs over the next few days.
After a lovely 11 1/2 hour drive, we're back in Sacramento now. I think i have friends who are around here, and there are some people i will want to see soon enough. But tonight, i was quite content to be with my teammates, and now i'm going to bed. It feels like i must be crashing out early, but it's 10:30 and i've been up since 5:30. The last few days, i've been pushing and staying up later no matter what time i had to get up, wanting to get every last drop of the experience out, trying to make the most of every day.

Saying goodbye to the guys at Habitat was sad. It all feels so final. But for me, i suppose i've just added another corner of the world where i will miss people and wonder if they are missing me.

Passing out now... more tomorrow.

No comments: