Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Adjusting my brain

It's a good kind of sad, I think. I am going to miss these new friends and new safe spaces I've created for myself here in StL. But I feel no hurt, no betrayal. Obviously I am still feeling those past situations as I said, what, 2 days ago? But it just makes the good stuff that
much sweeter.
I always make those friends at the end, the kind that make you say, why didn't we do this sooner? I like those. Those people that still seem cool in the intriguing sort of way. So I want to hold on to this moment. I feel good about who I am and who I have been in this space. (I think I have hurt my dad in my determination to stay firmly planted in my own head, but I'm not convinced I really could have helped that.)

Remember when you were sad in that happy kind of way?
Let's smile about it a little bit together.

No comments: