Saturday, August 23, 2008

overwhelmed

when i was in americorps, i found myself overwhelmed by all the new things to adjust to in each project. there was never time to fully adjust, you just had to deal with it while you did it. i found myself out of sorts for 2 or 3 days in each new location, as we dove straight into work and life in a new place.
but i must have gotten used to that mentality, because since i left the program, i've thrown myself from thing to thing with little chance to catch up.

so now i'm home, and it's all starting to absorb. i'm finally trying to give myself the time i need. give myself a chance to just curl up with a memory and let it be there for a while. be in that moment, remember the weather and the streets and the colors on the trees and who i was with and how i was feeling that day... it feels right to take the time.

No comments: