Sunday, August 3, 2008

a strange summer

in the last 6 weeks, or 3 sessions at camp, so much has happened that i can't begin to even comprehend enough to summarize it right now.
but the last 4 days had such a series of bizarre events, i have to tell you where i'm at right now.  if you know me at all, you'll probably be as shocked as i am at my current place.
4 days ago i had a fight with one of the counselors in my lodge.  then i cried most of the rest of the day.  3 days ago i had confrontation with 2 other counselors in my lodge, and went to the director of the camp to ask if i could leave the lodge because it had become clear that things weren't working for me in there.  i asked to move to maintenance, he said yes.
2 days ago, my friend mike got into it again with his lodge leader, and then quit.  
yesterday, i was asked to leave camp.  
and if i had to summarize the reasons the director gave me for asking me to leave, it would basically boil down to the fact that i was unhappy.

so now i'm in a little in in tannersville, ny with mike, trying to process everything that's happened and wrap my head around what to do next with my life.
sounds like i'm going to make my way home to st. louis again.  i might want to visit a few people before i leave the east coast.  if you want to be in on that, let me know.

love to all

1 comment:

Anoushka said...

What happened with the camp that I remember ? Everything changed because Mike is not there ? Still love you.