Monday, March 8, 2010

two things: one old one new

Old News: I still like working in theater. New jobs still make me happy. And without even getting to see the set, I find the experience of working on an actual production is more rewarding. This show sounds cool, i'd like to go see it (i'd probably even pay to see it)
People say i'm silly/misguided for this. Theatre isn't where the money is! But I keep telling them, if I was in it for the money, i never would have ended up in this career field.
I find that every day that i work, i discover new things that I want to learn, and things that i'm not very good at. I don't think that being bad at something is a bad thing. Room for improvement means room to grow.
As I have said many times to many people, including probably in this blog: When i stop wanting to do my job well, When i stop caring about the end product, regardless of how it may reflect on me, then i know it's time for me to leave this job.

It's old news because I feel like I've said it before. It's like when i say, as i most desperately wanted to say to every person i spoke to today: Warm sunny days make me happy! This pre-spring tease is making me so excited i'm nervous. I know it's not going to last. It'll probably snow next week or something. But Sunshine! T-shirt weather! this makes me so pleased with life.

New:
And what's better than a blog by me? A blog FOR me! http://blogforamanda.blogspot.com
my friend ania has made a new blog, it seems for my benefit. that's what the title says anyway.
It's only a couple days old, but so far quite nice!

No comments: