Thursday, October 25, 2007

baseline: check!

I had my baseline test, the initial physical training test that determines which level i'm in for the rest of CTI (Corps Training Institute), and i'm so glad it's finally over! I thought they'd do it as soon as we got here, and now i'm glad they didn't, because it meant i had a chance to get comfortable here before doing something that could potentially make me feel really bad about myself.
But it's over now, and I do NOT feel bad about myself! At all! I ran (jogged) the whole way. Didn't stop once to walk. So i can now say i've run a mile and a half. And from what i hear, we will continue to push and push. I've got plenty of room for improvement, but i have done the test now. no more need to be nervous.
Now, i just have some early mornings ahead of me on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday of every week for the rest of CTI. I'm so sore right now!
But I've got a reading date with some people from my team soon. We're going to go to Starbucks (or maybe Jamba Juice) and sit and read our seperate books.... or more likely, we'll sit with our books in front of us and talk. But that's cool too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Amanda on run/jog for the 1.5 mi. Sounds like you are getting a corps of friends as well as a team. That's good news. If you are starved for theater you might contact your cousin greg. im proud of you! love mom