Monday, October 15, 2007

Goodbye nosering

This morning, I got up, got dressed, went to my dad's toolbox. I got out a pair of dikes and cut my nose ring off of my nose.
Facial piercings are not allowed at Americorps. And while i think that i will get over this sad fact eventually, today i am sad. I intend to take my eyebrow ring in and out when i'm at Americorps. This is easy, this is a hole that has healed very comfortably, so i can take the ring in and out without any trouble. But every time i've taken my nose ring out to change it for whatever reason, it has hurt like a bitch, gets swollen, and often bleeds. So i thought rather than deal with that pain, i just cut it out.
i hope it will be worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read all your posts at once, and thought I'd just comment on the most recent one. Anyhow, I have to say I like your style at the moment. I know it may be a silly thing to comment on, writing style and all when we're all firmly out of college by now, but I think it says a lot about a person and where they are. So yeah, I like your style :-) As for the rest:
Things you should not be scared of:
1. Uniforms. Why?
A. Everyone looks good in uniform.
B. Like boots, uniforms make us feel tougher and more sure of ourselves.
C. There's a laughable butch quality to any uniform that should make you smile at its ridiculousness in the morning before that 1.5 mile run.
D. There are a wealth of pickup lines surrounding uniforms that should also make you smile. Like: hey, nice shirt. ;-)

Plus routines are good things. You'll get to feel the contrast of the wandering you've done to a routine that, at first, will take a lot of grumbly getting used to, but it will eventually (even if it takes a while) become a shared life with your co-workers. You'll be spending this time getting smarter and tougher and working hard, and how could that ever be a bad thing?

Hang in there buddy buddy :-) Fight the good fight. And post often.